Monday, 17 July 2017

Handmade roses

When I designed my Peony flower die set I wanted to be able to do more than just make a peony.  So far I’ve made blossoms, buds and frilly flowers as well as quick and easy roses but hadn’t mastered a “real” looking rose.  I'm rather pleased with my first attempt - and wouldn't have had the confidence to do this without having done Ewa Constancja's workshop. 

Sooo, I had a play yesterday and made this little set using just the middle and largest sized dies from the set.  I hand cut the calyx from a small square of 0.6mm olive foamiran and made the roses from white silk foamiran which I coloured with Mungyo Artists Soft Pastels.  These were perfect because I scribbled two of the teal shades onto a piece of card and blended the colour on there to get the exact shade I wanted to match my papers (cuz I’m anal like that lol).  I used a damp wet wipe to apply the colour.  

Apologies for the photo, I just snapped it with my phone.


Bev-Rochester-Roses-from-Peony-die

14 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful. I admire your cleverness..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Bev !!! These look so real you can almost smell them. Lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning roses! They look so real. Gorgeous color choice too.
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my ! what can you say they are so realistic and absolutely gorgeous , you have such amazing talent and I love that you share it with us , I wish I could borrow your creativity for a day I would have such fun ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh.... These are so Beautiful!.... .. Perfect Look and they look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning Bev!!
    I'm practicing as much as I can! I'm no where near your level though!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this colour, gorgeous flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bev, there are no limits to your talents, your flowers are fabulous.
    Rene from OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS, if there is anyone looking at this blog who lives in the Newcastle Australia area who teaches how to make flowers like this can you leave a message on Bev's blog if that is ok Bev.
    Rene fro OZ x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elles sont merveilleuses! bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - these are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning, so loving the colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Bev x

Related Posts with Thumbnails